This page will grow to become a list of datasets or data sources that I have come across, as well as datasets that I want to make available. Please contact me with suggestions for datasets to include!
New data or data in a new form, associated with posts on the blog.
- Forest Change data, forest loss and cover per country. Post.
- IR Tomography data, for object identification and position inference. Post.
- Baobab counts (Zimbabwe) as an Earth Engine asset. Post.
Datasets that have been covered to some extent in a blog post or tutorial here.
- South African hydrology data, featured here.
- ‘G-Econ’ dataset, featured here.
- Zindi crop identification dataset, featured here and here.
- Uber traffic data and Chicago traffic data, featured here.
- Maleria data (Wellcome Data Re-Use contest) featured here.
From the Web
Other datasets that I have found or am planning to cover.
- Open Data for Africa : http://dataportal.opendataforafrica.org/data
- Some great public datasets: https://github.com/awesomedata/awesome-public-datasets
- AWS: open datasets
- Global news dataset (S3 bucket) and amazing NLP stuff https://www.gdeltproject.org/
- Air quality: minutely measurements from all over the world: https://registry.opendata.aws/openaq/
- Gyro measurements for early warning earhquake stuff: https://registry.opendata.aws/grillo-openeew/
- DigitalGlobe open data: https://www.digitalglobe.com/ecosystem/open-data